Level 2 HACCP Principles
By law all food businesses from retail, catering to manufacturing, must have a documented food safety management system in place. The level 2 HACCP principals will help you to understand how to comply with the law and be able to implement a food safety plan for your business.
What is HACCP?
HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. HACCP is a food safety management system that ensures that food produced is safe for consumption. It looks at the biological, chemical and physical hazards at each stage of production through to final consumption. .
There are seven principles in HACCP which are all covered as part of this course to ensure that the way you handle food and the way it is produced is safe to eat.
What can you get from this eLearning course?
This e-learning course will take 2.5 hours to complete and concludes with a 20 question course review. During the final module, the learner will be able to print out examples and blank forms that they can use within the business.
Who can take a Level 2 HACCP Principles Course?
This is an eLearning qualification will be accessed on a tablet or computer.
This course is for those who handle and produce food at work from safe cooking and catering to production and selling.
This e-learning course will:
- Explain the concept of HACCP.
- Define the terms ‘contamination’, ‘hazard’, ‘risk’ and ‘control’ as they relate to food safety.
- State the benefits of a HACCP based food safety management system.
- State the legal requirements for food businesses to adopt a food safety management system and the consequences of failing to comply.
- Identify the four contamination hazards (microbial, physical, chemical and allergenic).
- Identify typical controls for food safety hazards.
- Identify the hazards included in a HACCP plan.
- Determine critical control points.
- Establish critical limits.
- Decide the corrective action to take when monitoring indicates that a critical control point is not under control.
- Explain how to verify that a HACCP based system is working effectively.
- Identify appropriate documentation and record keeping required in a HACCP based system.
- Implement monitoring procedures and corrective actions to control food safety hazards.
How to access the Online Personal Licence Holder course
As this course is based online to fit around your work or personal schedule, you can either complete it all in one go or multiple stages. Once you have finished the modules, you will need to answer 20 questions. Upon completion, you can print off or save an electronic copy of your certificate.
To get access to this training course, you can pay online or give our specialist team a call on 01666 503686. After signing up and paying for the course, you will receive a confirmation of payment and an email from a member of our team with the details on how to access the online course.
If you have any questions about the course or any of our other consultancy services, please give us a call on 01666 503686 and we will be more than happy to help you.
Other courses we recommend
If you work with food and you’re thinking of taking this course, we also recommend the following:
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety – a basic safety course for people who either are new to the industry or have no prior food safety knowledge.
- Level 2 Food Safety for Food Manufacturing – this course is for anyone who works a manufacturing or processing environment.