Merry Christmas From Sureteam
Christmas is considered the best time of year for most, don’t let anything ruin your festivities this year – keep your family and pets safe with our top five festive safety tips.
- Check your fuses! After digging out your fairy lights and spending half the day untangling them, checking the fuses may not be your top priority but you must check the box to see the maximum size fuse you can use.
- Once the fairy lights are up, remember to switch them off when you are out of the house or asleep. The spines on Christmas trees can become dry and flammable, switching them off when you’re not around will prevent the risk of a fire and save you money!
- Deck the halls with boughs of Holly! But hang it up out of reach as both holly and mistletoe are poisonous to cats and dogs. Because an emergency vet call out over the Christmas period is not going to be the highlight of your holiday.
- If your pet is a curious fellow, keep your Christmas tree decorations up high, tinsel may look pretty but can be very dangerous if ingested by a dog or cat, surgery is sometimes the only way to remove it. Alternatively buy a smaller tree and put it on a raised surface.
- Finally, Christmas is a time to be enjoyed, we don’t want to ruin all the fun, we simply want to make people aware of the risks that are only apparent at this time of year.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and safe New Year!
From everyone at Sureteam!