Langley Design Case Study
Langley Design manufactures and supplies quality street furniture to customers all over the UK. They are specialists within the education sector but provide to other sectors of the built environment such as commercial, retail and healthcare. Products are purpose-built and Langley Design provides a one-stop shop for customers for all their external furniture requirements.
Often working on construction sites, it is essential that all employees of Langley Design understand the importance of health and safety policies and procedures and that they are adhered to.
A Partnership for over 10 Years
At the time of writing, Sureteam have been the Health and Safety Consultancy for Langley Design for over 10 years. We work closely with all the staff at Langley Design, but especially with Gill Findlay, Installation QH+S Manager.
We have supported them throughout this time by providing a range of consultancy, on-site and training services:
- Reviewing policies and procedures at regular intervals. Working with Gill we review a checklist to ensure all areas of health and safety are assessed at the appropriate times.
- Conducting monthly toolbox talks. These are 10-15 minute discussions with the workshop staff on topics such as manual handling or the use of face masks as appropriate.
- Whole office toolbox talks. Similar, to the monthly toolbox talks, these sessions involve the entire team and could be on topics such as near miss reporting or hygiene / clear desk policy.
- Attending quarterly health and safety meetings. This allows us to work very closely with the team at Langley Design, understanding the customers and projects they are working on and the specific health and safety requirements that need to be planned for in the near future.
- Carrying out onsite audits. Whilst Gill will do several onsite audits each month, our team will go to one or two each year to provide reassurance and a fresh set of eyes to verify all procedures are being followed accurately or whether a further review and amendments are required.
- Conducting vehicle assessment checks. Operating heavy machinery, such as forklift trucks, requires further due diligence to ensure that the health and safety of their staff is carefully considered at all times. This will include regular multi-point vehicle assessments and checks.
- High Quality Training of Staff. We provide all the different types and levels of training that Langley Design require for their staff, from first aid to risk assessments.
Not only are we on-site and in touch with the team at Langley Design on a regular basis, but with our consultancy-based approach and in-depth understanding of key business functions we are able to provide Gill with the confidence that she can pick up the phone to discuss any issue at any time.
Why have a Health and Safety Consultant?
Having a health and safety consultant provides Langley Design and the team with the reassurance that their health and safety approach is operating in line with best practice and that they remain compliant.
Our regular visits and meetings with Langley ensure that every area of health and safety is covered and our checklists and paperwork keep an audit trail of everything undertaken.
For Langley Design’s customers, Sureteam’s reports and site visits provide comfort and peace of mind that the team will be carrying out their projects with the greatest attention to detail and in full compliance with health and safety regulations.
Feedback from Langley Design
Installation QH+S Manager Gill Findlay had this to say,
“Sureteam really are the whole package when it comes to Health and Safety providers. As an in-house Health and Safety Manager the safety of my staff and customers is paramount at all times but with the additional support of Sureteam I have added piece of mind that I am supported fully. Whether it is helping me to stay up to date with regulation changes, get a fresh set of eyes on our procedures or get additional, practical advice and support on new issues should they arise. Over the years I have developed a fantastic, close working relationship with the entire team at Sureteam and look forward to that continuing for many years to come.”
Managing Director Nigel Brookes had this to say,
“As a business owner and Director, it is vitally important that we protect our people and our customers. The rigour and structure of our Health and Safety function gives us great confidence that we can operate in the UK construction sector in a safe manner. The advice and guidance from Sureteam means that we are proactive and have our staff trained to operate in a safe way. This is vital to achieve the accreditations that are necessary to operate in this sector. This is not a “nice to have “BUT a “need to have” control. I look forward to many more years of support.”
How can we provide Health and Safety Consultancy for your Business
If, like Langley Design, your business could benefit from our support on a regular basis, you can find out more about our retained Health and Safety Consultancy services on our website or give us a call on 01666 503686.