Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
This course is designed for anyone in the work environment and is intended to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public.
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
This is a one day course where assessment is by multiple choice exam and is an ideal foundation before progressing to the Level 3 Award for any who are in a supervisory role.
All candidates who have taken the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace are recommended to take a refresher course three years after completion in order to refresh knowledge and encourage best practice.
- Understanding the principles of Health and Safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any Health and Safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers including manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect Health and Safety